Monday 15 March 2010

Response to Digipak Cover Research

Inspired by my research into digipack covers I decided to do some self portrait photographs inspired mostly by pull in emergency's cover. I have kept most of the colours gray scale, especially the ones with the heavy makeup, but I keep the last line of photographs in colour because I quite like the black lips against the pale skin tone, and the flower against the skin tone. I wanted the pictures to be eye catching, and they correlate well with the content of the video, I think the pictures give a sense of vulnerability and fear that viewers witness in our music video. Furthermore the overall contrast of black against white links to the desaturated colour of our music video. Also by using the lead character of the music video as the face of the album it again ties a direct link between the music video and the digipack. Also as I have taken a variety of different shots, with different makeup and props as it is a digipak and we may require photographs on the inside and back as well as the front of the digipack, so there is a varied choice of which photographs could go where.

No comments:

Post a Comment